Emergency Management Australia (EMA), in partnership with the Department of Health and Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission, is hosting an important briefing on the seasonal outlook, risks, and preparedness relevant to residential aged care facilities and flexible aged care services.
The webinar will be held at 11:00am-12:30pm AEDT on Tuesday 14 December 2021.
This briefing will provide you with an understanding of the risks and preparedness for the high risk weather season, including:
- introduction from the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission
- weather season briefing from the Bureau of Meteorology
- Department of Health will provide information on the role health state networks play in supporting aged care providers in disaster situations
- updates to the Australian Government Crisis Management Framework
- how the aged care sector can assist and connect to the Australian Government during the high risk weather season.
The meeting will be held via WEBEX. If you are interested, please record the date and time in your calendar.
To join: from a personal device or computer, click here.
Join via phone by calling the number below and entering the following details:
02 9053 7190
Meeting number (access code): 165 776 9757
Meeting password: Bp7487xhcSa (27748794 from phones)
Please ensure you dial in 15–20 minutes early.