An online seminar/workshop for residential aged care service providers on Monday, December 6, aims to help participants understand changes to reporting sexual assault under the Serious Incident Response Scheme (SIRS), differentiate between Priority 1 and 2 reports, understand the physical and psychological impacts of sexual assault and access the #ReadyToListen resources.
An outstanding lineup of presenters
Experts and key sector stakeholders you’ll hear from will include:
• Craig Gear – CEO of Older Person’s Advocacy Network (OPAN)
• Ann Wunsch – Executive Director Approvals, Compliance and Investigations, Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission
• Laura Tarzia – Associate Professor, Sexual Abuse and Family Violence program, Department of General Practice, University of Melbourne
• Carolyn Worth – former Manager, South Eastern Centre Against Sexual Assault and Family Violence
• Hayley Foster – CEO, Rape and Domestic Violence Services Australia
• Yumi Lee, – Manager, Older Women’s Network NSW
• Dr Catherine Barrett – Project Coordinator, Ready to Listen project
• Professor Ann Wolbert Burgess – William F. Connell School of Nursing at Boston College
An online event, the seminar/workshop will take place from 3pm-4pm on Monday, December 6, 2021.
The seminar is part of the #ReadyToListen project, funded by the Department of Health and is being led by the Older Person’s Advocacy Network, in partnership with Celebrate Ageing and the Older Women’s Network, New South Wales.
For more information visit: opalinstitute.org/readytolisten.html
To register now, click here.
If you register but can’t make it on the day, don’t worry, we’ll send you a replay link, or you can watch it here.