One of Australia’s largest aged care providers, Opal Healthcare now offers a convenient self-service portal for roster management, shift swaps, leave requests and work availability updates for its 9500 team members caring for more than 8000 residents in 80 care homes across NSW, Victoria, Queensland and WA.
To digitise time-intensive manual processes and improve its employees’ experience, Opal HealthCare partnered with WorkForce Software Australia (WFS, a Workforce Software company) earlier this year to adopt a robust integrated payroll and workforce management solution called Workforce Suite for Healthcare.
The Workforce Suite integrated seamlessly with Opal Healthcare’s existing payroll provider, Ascender Preceda, to streamline payroll and workforce management processes, and automate compliance for navigation of local tax laws and salary models, as well as offering employees the convenience and efficiency of smart-phone accessible work-related services for the first time.
National payroll manager at Opal HealthCare, Kevin Britten, pictured above, said team members can now view their roster and current timesheet on their phone in real time before it’s exported on payday.
“Any discrepancies can be addressed ahead of payday and get amended before payroll runs, meaning no incorrect pay, no frustrated team members, and no additional work,” he said.
The challenges Opal HealthCare faced before it decided to digitise its payroll and workforce management using WFS Workforce Suite for Healthcare included:
- Difficulty managing its large and dynamic workforce across multiple roles and departments
- Manual processes and cumbersome interfaces that hindered the employee experience
- Inaccurate time reporting and data flow
- Difficulty complying with 50+ modern nursing awards
- Complex compliance requirements with federal and state government legislation, and
- Risk of business disruption during times of crisis without easy remote access to data, or ability to alert distinct workforce groups to emergency changes or updates.
Nick Bailey, WorkForce Software senior vice president – Asia Pacific and Japan said the WorkForce Suite helps healthcare organisations simplify compliance, reduce labour costs and improve overall efficiencies.
“The way Opal Healthcare uses our solution truly demonstrates the power of modern workforce software to empower staff and employers to work together to make a positive difference to the lives of more people,” he said.