The Ageing, Workforce & Education AAG Special Interest Group (AWESIG) and Regional, Rural and Remote AAG Special Interest Group (RRRSIG) are running a post – AAG conference combined SIG workshop.
Titled ‘Innovative Aged Care Workforce Solutions in Rural and Regional Australia’ the free online gathering is taking place tomorrow (Wednesday, November 17), 1pm-2.30pm (AEDT).
The workshop will explore:
In an ageing society, there are increasing demands for personal care workers as well as an existing shortage of personal careworkers. How do we address this dilemma to ensure quality care can be accessed by all who need it? What can be done to encourage and then retain people in personal care jobs in regional and remote areas? How can we make personal care a destination career instead of framing these important roles as steppingstones to vertical career progression?
A collaborative initiative, attendees and speakers will work together to share their insights and collaborate on ideas to develop solutions to address these concerns.
These thoughts and ideas shared will be represented in a position statement released after the Conference by AAG.
- Learn from our speaker and participants sharing their lived and professional experience
- Explore issues impacting the personal care workforce both locally and nationally
- Survey current personal care policy and practices
- Analyse the strengths and limitations of current approaches to the personal care workforce
- Build working solutions for how to better support and grow the personal care workforce
Click here for more information about the workshop.
Organisers would love to see you at the workshop and hear about your ideas and to discuss how we address this dilemma to ensure quality aged care can be accessed by all who need it.
If you require further information, contact Alina Hinton-Tooley, AAG Senior Research and Policy Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org.