Approved providers are reminded that the Aged Care Emergency and Crisis Management Training Program 2021 is now available, and is free for all participants.
The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted vulnerabilities in aged care crisis management and in particular, effective decision making. This training program aims to:
- provide aged care providers with the knowledge, tools and confidence to build or strengthen their organisation’s emergency and crisis management capability
- better ensure continued delivery of safe and quality care in challenging situations.
RiskLogic and First 5 Minutes, funded by the Australian Government Department of Health, have developed a tailored program targeted at aged care provider senior leadership, to cover core aspects of risk and emergency/crisis response preparedness.
What does the course content cover?
Self-paced eLearning modules
- Available now – over 600 registrations to date.
- Topics covered include:
- the Threat Environment
- Emergency and Crisis Management Principles
- Escalation and Activation of Responding Teams
- Leadership Considerations
- Critical Communications.
Group Mentoring Sessions
- Available from October 2021 to all participants who have completed the eLearning modules
- 1.5-hour webinar delivered by crisis management professionals.
- Sessions will focus on the development of a Resilience Policy and Framework with practical materials provided.
One-on-one sessions with a crisis management practitioner
- Available from October 2021 for those who have completed the eLearning modules and engaged in a group mentoring session.
Who should attend?
Senior leaders of aged care providers who are seeking to better equip themselves with the skills and knowledge to build or strengthen emergency and crisis management leadership skills within their organisation.
This could include: Chief Executive Officers, Board Members, and other senior management/leadership positions such as Directors of Nursing.
To register and find further information, visit the RiskLogic website.