On September 23, the Department of Health will kick off a series of webinars that relate specifically to funding changes associated with the Federal Government’s aged care reform.
The webinar series will include information on new initiatives, changes to reporting and governance arrangements, and support for the residential aged care sector to transition.
It will provide an introduction to the new Australian National Aged Care Classification (AN-ACC) which will replace the Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI), the AN-ACC shadow assessment process, provider support services, basic daily fee reporting requirements and changes to the aged care.
The first webinar will include:
- AN-ACC overview – The Australian National Aged Care Classification funding model will replace the Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI) on October 1, 2022.
- Helping the sector transition – Services and support will be available for aged care providers, including the Business Improvement Fund and Structural Adjustment Fund.
- Basic daily fee overview – Providers who have formally agreed, must report quarterly on food and nutrition expenditure, and quality of daily living services, to receive the basic daily fee supplement.
- Reporting requirement changes – Implementation of the Financial and Prudential Monitoring, Compliance and Intervention Framework means new mandatory reporting and increased information collection is required in the 2020-21 Aged Care Financial Report.
It will also outline consultation and engagement opportunities for aged care providers and during the webinar participants will have the opportunity to share comments and ask questions.
Presenters will include:
- Ross Hawkins – First Assistant Secretary, Reform Implementation Division
- Nick Hartland – First Assistant Secretary, Home and Residential Division
- Amy Laffan – First Assistant Secretary, Quality and Assurance Division
- Jessica Evans – Assistant Secretary, Structural Adjustment Operations Branch
Webinar date :
Thursday, September 23, 2021
3.30pm to 5pm AEST
How to watch the webinar
To watch the webinar you will need to register here.
The webinar will be held on Webex.
Questions can be submitted in advance through ACFR@health.gov.au
You will also be able to submit questions during the webinar through Webex.
If you are unable to watch the webinar live, a recording and transcript will be available shortly after.