Yesterday (Sunday, August 22) the Victorian Government announced a residential aged care workforce blitz to allow Victorians working in high-risk settings to get vaccinated with ease.
Residential aged care workers will be provided with priority access to COVID-19 vaccination through all Victorian vaccination clinics from today (Monday, August 23) until Sunday, August 29.
- All workers in residential aged care settings are eligible, including staff, paid and unpaid carers and volunteers.
- People attending sites infrequently such as management, therapists/practitioners, advocates and maintenance workers are all eligible.
- Priority access at vaccination centres will be available by active queue management, however it is recommended workers book a priority appointment by calling 1800 675 398.
- Please provide proof of eligibility to all your eligible employees, contractors and volunteers as soon as possible. It is vital they receive this letter as a digital or printed copy is one option for proof of eligibility at the vaccination centre.
a. A letter for proof of eligibility, provided by VIC Health, has been sent by the department to all residential aged care facilities. Where possible please use this letter.
2. If you would like to arrange group vaccination of your workforce at a state vaccination centre, please complete the registration of interest. Further information on group bookings is attached.