The federal health department is calling for aged care service providers to provide their perspectives on proposed sector reforms through an online survey.
The 30-minute survey will help inform the new support at home program being developed by the department, which will be implemented in July 2023.
The new support at home program will replace the:
- Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP)
- Home Care Packages Program (HCP)
- Short Term Restorative Care Program (STRC)
- Residential Respite.
The survey will seek information about each organisation’s:
- current services, systems, governance practices, workforce structure, review and reassessment processes, funding and finances
- ability to adapt to changes to the different aspects of the home care system
- sentiment towards reform options.
The Department requests that participants fill in as much information as possible, providing a ‘best-estimate’ for data not readily available.
The survey will complement the 6000 responses already received from senior Australians.
Submissions can be made via this link, and are open until Friday, August 20.
If required, a pdf of the full survey is available to download to help collect information from across the organisation, before completing the survey online.